Sunday, August 21, 2022

I'll Take That Bet

Part 1

 

Part 2


Hey everyone. Long time no see. 

It’s been a weird year, and I’m sorry I kinda dropped off the map. I’m not gonna get into super detailed-details, but I’ll run the bullet points by you.

1) I’m clearly not dead, so that’s a good thing. No emergency health issues, nothing like that.

2) In the space of a about three or four months, most of my close friends moved across the country in varying directions. Just how life winds up sometimes, but it was several months of last-time hangouts, going-away parties, and figuring out what I ultimately wanted to do and where I ultimately wanted to be.

3) Two friends and a family member died within about a 90-day period. All of them were unexpected in one regard or another. One of them still doesn’t make sense from a details and legality standpoint. I’m not going to go into further details, but all of it put together has derailed me from normal life like fucking crazy.

4) Regarding point 1, I eventually made a decision and, without a job lined up, moved back east across the country. I’m staying with family on the East Coast for the time being until I get a job and my own place, but I was able to sell my place in my old town for a bundle before the housing market began its downturn. 

5) Writing can be hard at the best of times. These are not the best of times. 

    a. Addendum – Anyone who think writing isn’t hard? Probably a shitty writer. Or at minimum, a careless writer.

6) In case anyone’s curious: Whiskey (with an e) refers to American and Irish whiskey, whereas Whisky without an e refers to Scottish, Canadian, or Japanese whisky.

I’m not looking for commiseration or sympathy or advice, I just felt ya’ll deserved some kind of explanation. 

This is not the caption(s) I planned on returning with. Hell, I didn’t plan on stopping at all, much less being gone long enough to need to “return”, but here we are. I’ve started and stopped about 12 different stories because I simply couldn’t muster the energy to finish writing them. I still have them plotted, pictures planned, etc, but the actual process of writing them began to feel overwhelming. I’ll get back to them eventually, but this two-parter was just to help me get back into the practice of writing daily… and I failed on day 2. Whatever, at least it’s finished. 

I’m not gonna lie – this isn’t my best. But occasionally you have to clear out the muck in your brain and just write what’s there before you can write something great, especially when you take as long a break as I did. I hope ya’ll enjoy anyways.

Also, despite the fact that both main characters in this story suck as individual people… while I’d love to look and feel like Christine? My feeling on Scotch are parallel to Brian. Scotch is better than anything you like, including better Scotch. I will not be taking questions.

Part 1 Full Res Here: https://www.deviantart.com/thestrangeone2380/art/I-ll-Take-That-Bet-Part-1-926741089

Part 2 Full Res Here: https://www.deviantart.com/thestrangeone2380/art/I-ll-Take-That-Bet-Part-2-926741674

I don’t any of the images I use in my captions, including this one.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back hope you are doing ok. I have read almost all your stories and love them all, but by far my favorite one is Mind Over Matter. I hope to read more of your stories like Mind Over Matter and wish you well on your journey in finding a new job that you are passionate about. Again Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you back

    ReplyDelete